Global Trade Processor
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Global Trade Processor. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Global Trade Processor is responsible for processing export sales orders, performing their corresponding compliance due diligence, and coordinating their fulfilment and shipment with various departments within the company, as well as shipping partners. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Coordinating shipment of export orders with Logistics, Planning, Plants, Warehouses, Transportation Partners (Freight Forwarders, Carriers, and Steamship Lines), and Third-Party Vendors.
- Entering export sales orders in SAP, including organizing POs into containers, according to weight limitations, product availability and customers' needs; working with pricing, master data, global products and credit to complete order.
- Assisting distributors, direct customers, JVs, licensees, affiliates and sales representatives regarding shipping requests, questions, and claims via phone and email.
- Assuring compliance of export shipments by:
· Completing foreign trade data
· Working with the compliance department to ship products regulated by the DEA or IATA
· Reviewing accuracy of documentation provided by shipping partners
· Flagging suspicious requests to legal/compliance
· Recordkeeping as per legal guidelines
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in business or relevant work experience
- Minimum two years of experience in customer service or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not a requirement
- Process management skills
- Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with complex business scenarios
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- SAP experience and compliance skills
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.