Global Talent Acquisition Director - Valvoline Global Products
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Global Talent Acquisition Director - Valvoline Global Products. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite candidates living in nearby markets to apply as well. Ideally, we are open to remote candidates living within driving distance (i.e. Cincinnati, Louisville, etc.) willing to visit HQs monthly.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Global Talent Acquisition Director is responsible for setting the vision and strategy and transforming the talent acquisition function to support the identification and recruitment of a high-performing global organization to meet Valvoline Global Products' current and future talent needs. This role reports directly to the Chief People Officer and is a key member of the HR Leadership Team. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and championing the global talent acquisition strategy in partnership with functional and business leaders. Formulate and oversee advanced talent acquisition programs, activities, operational processes, and budget that attract optimal and diverse talent from a broad range of sources. Design and implement local and national creative sourcing and recruiting solutions and initiatives, representing best practices and innovation, from initial requisition, onboarding, reporting, and candidate experience. Ensure all talent acquisition programs are formulated and conducted in accordance with company culture, policies, applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Selecting, coaching, developing, and retaining a local team. Beyond the local team, ensure all parties involved in the recruiting and selection process have clear goals and accountabilities and delivers against recruiting KPIs and hiring strategies. Leverage key metrics and trend analysis to evaluate global talent acquisition effectiveness, drive clear reporting, and enhance the overall performance in supporting the business. Partner with HR leadership, hiring leaders, and senior management to take action to improve based on metrics/trends.
- Formulating and enhancing the employment brand for Valvoline Global Products to ensure we are the "Employer of Choice" for culturally aligned talent. Implement robust and effective marketing strategies to include career site, job board ads, social media channels, professional and community networks, campus relations, job fairs/events, sourcing outreach, and event collateral to reach a diverse audience, fill critical vacancies and build organizational capability. Drive diversity recruitment initiatives and support overall DEI strategy in partnership with HR leadership.
- Serving as the ATS expert to streamline activities and build effective recruiting and staffing processes.
- Actively managing a variety of vendors in support of the best possible recruiting tools and processes.
- Developing and implementing university relations, internship and co-op programs that align with Valvoline Global Products' talent strategies.
- Advocating and fostering best-in-class candidate experience programs and initiatives.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university in human resources or related field or comparable combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of full lifecycle staffing or recruiting
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership capacity
- Must have held a previous global talent acquisition role
- Proven track record of building a global employee value proposition (EVP)
- TA systems knowledge
- Strong global business acumen
- Ability to build customer loyalty and connect
- Operational decision making
- Ability to manage change and future orientation
- Ability to build teams and empower
- Drive for results
- Drive for execution
- Ability to coach and develop team and extended matrix team
- Ability to create and drive an inclusive team culture
- Ideal team player virtues
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skillset, with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based, multi-industry sales environment
- Fully competent in specific HR concepts with emphasis on staffing processes, internal HR policies, employment law and interviewing techniques or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet software, human resources information system (HRIS), and applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Hybrid role - required to work from the office 3-4 times per month
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.