Franchise Business Consultant/Strategic Account Manager
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 month ago(12/3/2021 2:07 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Franchise Business Consultant, Strategic Account Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Operations, Strategic Account Manager is the representative for VIOC/VVV to the Franchisees assigned. This position provides consultation and offers solutions to Franchise owners, operators, and other levels within each franchise organization assigned. The account manager covers all responsibilities under the Franchise Business Consultant umbrella, in addition to the potential to supervise 1-3 direct reports (combination of FBCs and Trainers) who help the Franchise Account Manager service one or more large franchise organizations. This position also helps Director of Franchise Operations with special department projects. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Assessing franchise store and system level operations including oil change process execution, proper use of training tools, average ticket results, OCPD, floor management, inventory controls, proper scheduling, proper staffing, store appearance, curb appeal, recruiting, team member onboarding, employee appraisals. and retention of quality personnel through store visits and audits.
- Working with 100+ stores. Understands how to manage profit and loss. Develops and implements solutions on how to improve business where opportunities exist that maximize buy-in by franchisee, resulting in maximized revenue, profit, and royalties. Provides professional written follow-up to franchisee and field leaders sand documents visits and follow-up in Salesforce.
- Ensuring implementation of current new VIOC initiatives. Influences franchisees to purchase ancillary products form Valvoline/VIOC. Collaborates with Distributor Sales group to resolve conflicts between VIOC and Valvoline distributors. Monitors product compliance and purchase compliance and address issues as they arise. Audits safety and environmental conditions on a regular basis to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Communicates violations to franchise owner and follow up to ensure problems are corrected. Ensures that the Franchisee and VIOC are following all terms and conditions of the Franchise License Agreement.
- Creates and delivers annual Business Review to each franchisee using franchise business review template.
- Facilitates classroom training for franchise team members.
- Works with marketing team to ensure franchisee makes recommended spend on current marketing initiatives for maximum results.
- Leads franchisees to become growth ready and assists with expansion activities such as site selection and investigating acquisition opportunities.
- Coordinates and assists in new franchise store openings.
- Acts as primary contact between VIOC and Franchise community.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience as an FBC or Market Manager
- Service excellence
- Ability to build influential partnerships
- Excellent decision making skills
- Driven for results
- Emotional intelligence essential
- Ability to influence without authority
- Business acumen
- Ability to travel by air/car weekly and perform in-store and classroom training
- Overnight travel approx. 80%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: 30152