We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a FP&A Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Financial Analyst assists with forecasting, analyzing, and reporting financial results for one or more business units to include analyzing results, preparing management reports, forecasting key operational and financial metrics across all financial statements, assisting with the development of annual/strategic plans and various other projects as required. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Analytics - Assist in providing in-depth analysis of business performance. This is a skill dependent on effectively communicating with the functional leadership teams to determine how the function is performing and what could be causing variances to the forecasts and plans.
- Forecasting - With effective analysis of past-history and key operating metrics, the analyst will assist in determining appropriate forecasts. These “Latest Estimates” (LE's) are completed monthly, combining actual year-to-date results with forecasts for the remaining months in the year. The objective of the forecasting process is to provide the most accurate financial guidance possible to senior management.
- Planning - Assist in creating annual and long-range plans for functional departments and segments, which results in a fiscal year and 3-5 year operating plan.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting - Performing ad-hoc analysis and reporting for business units and finance leadership.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting, international business or a related field
- Minimum of four years of experience in analysis or related field
- Strong analytical skills, financial planning and analysis background
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be customer focused, seek continuous improvement and be highly self-directed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- MBA and/or CPA
- Work experience within a large global corporate environment
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.