Facilities Project Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Facilities Project Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This person will work remotely from their home. Ideal location is KY, OH, or TN.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Facilities Project Manager will manage acquisition conversion work and capital projects for Valvoline Retail Services. This role defines, prioritizes and provides oversight for construction project work for the corporate retail store network. The Facilities Project Manager works in a team environment with corporate operations to deliver company performance objectives. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing conversion of acquired locations to company standards. Activities include scope preparation, budgeting, required architectural plans, permits & zoning, bid process, project supervision, internal reporting, quality assurance and project close out. Responsible for coordination with operations to ensure delivery of projects consistent with project scope and specifications.
- Managing remodel and other property improvement construction activities in Valvoline Corporate owned stores. Activities include: scope preparation, estimating and bidding, permits, project supervision, internal reporting, budget control, and project close-out. Acts as owner’s representative and supervises the work of general contractors and sub-contractors. Ensures quality and conformance to standards.
- Defining, qualifying and maintaining key contractors and subcontractors by geography. Evaluates and recommends continuous improvement to standards and specifications to deliver cost effective spend.
- Working with VIOC maintenance team in development and review of standards and work methods.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineering
Minimum five years of experience in corporate retail construction management
Experience with plan interpretation and scope development, civil and architectural
Experience with contract analysis and negotiation, budgeting
Ability to travel up to 50%, overnight travel approx. 60%
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.