We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Distribution Mechanic. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Distribution Mechanic will safely provide electrical and mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation support for all blending processes, high-speed packaging machines, and related equipment and infrastructure. This includes pumps, flow meters, fillers, palletizers, depalletizers, carton formers, gluers, piping, conduit, lighting, motors, process furnaces, fire suppression systems, HVAC, security systems, and PLCs. The mechanic will order parts and regularly interface with vendors, contractors, and plant operations staff. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Working on packaging equipment in a manufacturing plant, including fillers, cappers, labelers, case packers, date coders and palletizers, etc.
- Working with automated controls: photo eyes, limit switches, pneumatic solenoids and cylinders, Panel View parameters
- Trouble shooting, preventative maintenance and routine adjustments
- Working on rotating equipment: pumps, compressors, motors, drives, conveyors. Will disassemble, replace worn parts, replace gaskets and/or packing, alignments
- Facility maintenance: boiler, water system, compressed air, lighting, exhaust fans, make up air units
What You’ll Need
- Vocational or Technical school graduate
- Minimum five years experience in industrial manufacturing
- Ability to walk, climb and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to use applicable safety equipment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Certified Electrician
- Need working knowledge of liquid filling and metering systems, conveyors, 120v and 480v equipment
- PLC knowledge and familiarity, Allan Bradley and Siemen's a big plus
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.