Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
*Valvoline Global Products Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY and this position will be on-site.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Executive Assistant, Human Resources and Legal. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Executive Assistant serves as a key point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the executive. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitates the executive’s ability to effectively lead the department, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists and calendars; and making travel arrangements. Responsibilities can vary in complexity from routine to projects requiring significant analysis and material development. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Assisting executive and team (2 VP’s) with the development of presentations, reports, digital tools and regular organizational communications.
- Assisting HR department efforts by providing administrative support with respect to organization development, HR operations, employee relations, documentation, policy execution (notices and forms ), etc.
- Assisting the Legal department by providing administrative support in the following areas:
- Overseeing legal billing/invoicing process, facilitating payments to legal invoices/claims
- Record keeping with electronic and hard copy filing of documents, in particular distributor agreements
- Supporting in the maintaining and updating of corporate legal entity records database
- Providing support to the broader Human Resources and Legal department by coordinating calendar of annual processes/events and the portfolio of projects that are in-process.
- Performing office management duties such as space planning, ordering supplies and equipment, and approving time for payroll purposes, collecting mail from mailroom and distributing on a bi-weekly basis, handling outgoing mail.
- Planning, developing and implementing department-wide and corporate events and meetings. Works closely with manager to develop agendas, coordinates content, executes meetings and assists with communications as needed.
- Supporting executives through management of calendar. Prepares expense reports and travel arrangements. Assists with department budgeting and financial forecasting efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Associate's degree
- Minimum of five years of experience performing complex administrative and/or office work, including 1+ years supporting leadership position (could supplement this experience with project management and/or communications roles)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously
- Competent with administrative processes
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and software (most notably PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and proactively problem solve
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.