We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Executive Assistant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Executive Assistant serves as a key point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the executive. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitates the executive’s ability to effectively lead the department, including assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists and calendars; and making travel arrangements. Responsibilities can vary in complexity from routine to projects requiring significant analysis and material development. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Actively coordinating and participating in Retail Services key meetings helping to coordinate agendas, meeting notes, and post-meeting follow-ups.
- Assisting executive and team (2 VPs) with the development of presentations, reports, digital tools, and regular organizational communications.
- Performing office management duties such as space planning, ordering supplies and equipment, and approving time for payroll purposes.
- Planning, developing, and implementing department-wide and corporate events and meetings. Working closely with the manager to develop agendas, coordinate content, execute meetings, and assist with communications, as needed.
- Supporting the executive and managers with calendar management, supporting travel arrangements, and assisting with department budgeting and financial forecasting efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Associate’s degree
- Minimum of five years of experience performing complex administrative and/or office work, including at least one year of supporting leadership position. Experience can be supplemented with project management and/or communications roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities simultaneously
- Competent with administrative processes
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and software (most notably PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.