Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) - Summer 2023 Internship
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
* This internship will sit in Willow Springs, IL or St Louis, MO *
This Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) - Summer 2023 will support the implementation of MOC and Training Programs with an emphasis on high risk. Additionally, the internship will help support local facility EHS operations. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with EHS to implement/support MOC and the Training Program at the distribution facilities
- Partnering with EHS to review, update and develop global programs (Machine Guarding and Ergonomics)
- Guiding and providing support to covered facilities in program execution
- Partnering with OPS & EHS to meet targets and provide documentation to support audit readiness
- Facilitating processes such as high risk programs and MOC's at covered facilities
What You'll Need
- Must be a student attending classes at a university with Safety, Science, Engineering, or EHS focus
- A solid understanding of risk assessments and control methodologies
- Understanding of the MOC process
- Proficient in Excel and SharePoint
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.