Environmental & Sustainability Program Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Environmental & Sustainability Program Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati and Louisville) and willing to visit HQs frequently.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This role will lead the Valvoline Retail Services (VRS) environmental and sustainability programs. The role will assess the current situation of environmental compliance and sustainability programs, identify gaps, develop compliance programs and lead the training/roll-out required to execute at the store level. This role will also lead the VRS sustainability effort including the maintenance of its greenhouse gas inventory, development of programs and reporting on progress/status as required. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Functioning as the environmental subject matter expert for Retail Services’ environmental program. This includes performing work related to environmental permitting, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, spill prevention, control and countermeasure (SPCC) requirements. Develop environmental compliance programs and lead the execution/training across the network of company-owned stores. Keep up to date on environmental regulations that affect the business.
- Working closely with the Real Estate team to scope, review and make recommendations on phase I due diligence projects to support the acquisition/ lease of new store locations.
- Leading the company’s sustainability effort and collaborating with the Operations and Development teams to:
- Identify waste reduction and/or recycling opportunities
- Maintain a comprehensive greenhouse gas emission inventory
- Identify energy/carbon emission reduction strategy
- Engage with recognized analyst/investor groups to monitor and maintain/improve sustainability scores
- Report sustainability activities/metrics annually to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Participate in the development of the annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report
- Leading/assisting with the execution of site self-assessments. Trend environmental performance data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
BS degree or equivalent experience with industry and operational background in environmental and/or safety areas. Environmental sciences or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in the Environmental Health and Safety field
Working knowledge of environmental permitting, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, spill prevention, control and countermeasure (SPCC) requirements, sustainability topics (greenhouse gas emission calculation /reporting), incident management, root cause analysis
Ability to travel (domestic and international)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.