Entry-Level Heavy Duty Technician - Lexington, KY
Geared for the Driven
ValvolineTM has a rewarding opportunity as an Entry-Level Heavy Duty Technician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
What you’ll do
As an Entry-level Heavy Duty Technician, you will help drive the continued success of Valvoline by providing reliable and impeccable preventive maintenance service on diesel vehicles. You will act as a trusted advisor to our customers, evaluating their needs and performing maintenance on their diesel vehicle to keep it serviced and safe on the road.
- Evaluate customers’ needs, working quickly and efficiently
- Contribute to a fun team atmosphere
- Master products, services, and company knowledge
- Perform diesel preventive maintenance such as changing oil, diesel fuel filters, greasing fittings, checking and refilling other vehicle fluids, replacing filters, and inspecting and replacing lights and wipers
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
How you’ll succeed
- You are friendly and ready to work as part of a customer-focused team
- Have an eagerness to learn
- You can lift up to 50 pounds
- Have full mobility and the ability to work with your hands above your head
- Can stand for extended periods of time and climb ladders
- Pass pre-employment physical
- Must have valid driver’s license
- On-the-job training
- Competitive pay
- Paid weekly
- Company provided uniforms, tools, and steel-toed shoes
- We promote from within– a commitment we are passionate about
- No late evenings
- Tuition assistance*
- Paid time off and holidays*
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on location
Valvoline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.