Electronic Controls Technician
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Electronic Controls Technician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Electronic Controls Technician will safely provide electrical and mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation support for all blending processes, high-speed packaging machines, and related equipment and infrastructure. This includes pumps, flow meters, fillers, palletizers, de-palletizers, carton formers, gluers, piping, conduit, lighting, motors, process furnaces, fire suppression systems, HVAC, security systems, and PLCs. The Controls Technician will order parts and regularly interface with vendors, contractors, and plant operations staff. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting and maintaining Allen Bradley PLCs, Logix 500, Studio 5000, PLC 5, Versa Views,Vega Gauges, RSView machines, Siemens PCS7, and WinCC
- Assisting contractors with permits and direction of assigned tasks
- Performing assigned preventative maintenance tasks on multiple pieces of equipment
- Responding to call-outs after normal working hours; troubleshooting tank level systems and gauges
- Installing screwed flanged and compression-fitting piping and tubing
- Operating and maintaining hot oil heater, air compressor, and fire pump
- Working on conveyors, palletizers, de-palletizers, filling equipment, high speed packaging lines
- Maintaining proper housekeeping/cleaning in area to ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Performing other mechanical and electrical tasks which may be assigned
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years' experience in industrial manufacturing (prefer high speed manufacturing such as consumer products or food and beverage)
- Controls experience required
Working knowledge of liquid filling and metering systems, conveyors, 120v and 480v equipment. welding, electrician, Lockout-Tagout, hot work, line breaking, fire suppression systems
Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLCs, Logix 500, Studio 5000, PLC 5, Versa Views,Vega Gauges, RSView machines, Siemens PCS7, and WinCC
Good physical condition as job requires walking, climbing, lifting 50 lbs., prolonged standing, and use of applicable safety equipment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Vocational or Technical school graduate
- Electrical certifications / industrial electrical experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.