- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 month ago(12/13/2021 11:38 AM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Driver/Material Handler. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Driver/Material Handler will be required to drive bulk/package delivery trucks and perform various services at customer delivery locations in a safe and responsible manner that prevents injury to themselves or those around them. In addition, they will be expected to load/unload bulk materials to and from totes, load/unload package material from trucks, select customer orders for shipment, and assist with general cleaning and organization of the vehicles and various plant locations as needed.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Driving Valvoline vehicles to customer locations and delivering Valvoline products with superior customer service and safety in mind
- Efficiently loading/unloading delivery trucks
- Safely operating powered industrial forklifts
- Accurately selecting and staging outbound shipments
- Performing other warehouse functions to support overall plant operations (tote filling, cleaning & organizing)
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years' safe driving experience of commercial vehicles
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with hazardous materials and tanker endorsements
General knowledge of warehousing and distribution
Strong work history and commitment to safety a must
General computer skills and email familiarity
Good communication skills
Self-motivator with a positive attitude
Detail oriented and a team player
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs. on a day-to-day basis
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Forklift experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.