We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Distribution Supervisor. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Distribution Supervisor will perform needed tasks for planning, scheduling and distribution of domestic and international customer orders ; manage schedules, staffing levels and production on 1st shift; ensure all procedures for receiving, inventory control and shipping are followed; ensure export business procedures are followed. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing the accuracy of the receiving side of the building. Ensure all processes and procedures are followed on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all inventory accuracy procedures are followed. Support the cycle counting program and meet the metrics associated with inventory control.
- Monitoring Kronos payroll system to ensure no missing time and answer any payroll related questions from employees, assist employees on payroll issues as needed, process payroll weekly.
- Ensuring all EHS standards are met and monthly audits are conducted.
- Handling any accounts payable issues. Receive invoices and process by requesting PO's and entering into SAP and sending to corporate A/P dept. Answer vendor questions as needed.
- Supporting manager and other team members by solving problems, improving processes and training employees.
- Developing and updating monthly reports for tracking performance and reviewing with facility personnel.
- Providing backup to Inventory Control Coordinator position.
- Being the primary facilitator for global export shipping which works with customer service, vessel booking, checking governmental regulations, setting up logistics, and all other duties for export order fulfillment.
- Ordering and issuing PO's for components (pallets, drums, pails, caps, stretch film, etc.) and office/ janitorial supplies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- College degree
- Minimum two years' experience in a distribution center
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft applications, Lean manufacturing, and SAP
- Ability to walk, bend, walk up stairs, lift (up to 40 lbs) periodically
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, which may be subject to hot and cold temperatures
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.