Direct Market Account Executive
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 month ago(12/17/2021 12:42 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Direct Market Account Executive. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The purpose of this position is to grow the Valvoline business by developing, calling on, and servicing key accounts for the Valvoline family of products. This position will have extensive knowledge of each channel of trade and will help create and execute a selling platform, marketing programs, and account specific promotions that deliver strategic growth for the Valvoline Company. Relationship building with the key accounts is critical to the success of this role. This includes customer site visits and various face to face interactions at locations in territory area: Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus, Ohio. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and enriching relationships with installers personnel in management, sales, operations, and customer service
- In-store support/ classroom training (including customized playbook and execution)
- Business reviews - analyzing performance of each rooftop and identifying strategy for growth
- Transferring product and sales knowledge to motivate, train, or coach personnel and/or installers to increase sales of the Valvoline portfolio of products
- New account onboarding and ongoing management
- Assessing and diagnosing training needs and delivering appropriate training solutions for maximizing Valvoline product growth
- Personal development
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with DIFM automotive or heavy duty market experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Troubleshooting skills
- Presentation skills
- Hands on expertise
- Interpersonal savvy
- Drive for results
- Ability to lift equipment and/or machinery up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in the elements of an automotive shop (ie: heat, cold, noise, etc)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with SAP and Salesforce.com
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.