Digital Product Owner, Retail Environment
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Digital Product Owner, Retail Enviroment . We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Defining and guiding the requirements and design of the product - must understand the business, the users, and the technical capabilities of the product
- Helping prioritize, plan, and deliver a product that meets the requirements
- Ultimately accountable for business readiness pre-go-live - prioritizing and determining activities required pre-go live and thereafter
- Working closely with Sr. business owner for readiness issues and overcoming blockers
- Assisting with prioritizing defects, reviewing test documentation, and signs-off on test results
- Developing the test scenarios, test cases and test scripts, and providing sign-off
- Planning and prioritizing product feature backlog while balancing the requirements of stakeholders
- Assessing value, prioritize stories and epics, and ensure focus remains on delivering the maximum value for customer aligned with the product strategy
- Providing backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of user stories, acceptance criteria, product vision, and roadmap
- Playing an active role in mitigating impediments and impacting successful team completion of sprint goals
- Continuously reviewing the business needs, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- BA /BS Degree Computer Science, Engineering or Business-related field
- Minimum 2 years' progressive work experience as a Product Owner, or similar work environment with extensive knowledge of Agile principles and SCRUM practices
- Minimum 2 years' experience working and successfully influencing customer service, and Client Delivery
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, including analytics, design/UX, and engineering
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills
- Strong ability to problem-solve, and operate independently
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- CSPO "Certified Scrum Product Owner" Certification
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.