Digital Marketing Intern - Summer 2023
Valvoline™ has been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. Our internship opportunities will be on-site at HQs.
The Digital Marketing Intern will work closely with the Marketing Cloud Campaign Manager to ensure the success of Valvoline’s B2B marketing campaigns, utilizing marketing technology tools including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Salesforce Sales Cloud. In this role the Digital Marketing Intern will assist in creating and executing effective marketing campaigns including data analysis and gathering; creating and developing emails, journeys, and landing pages; and gathering analysis and post-campaign reporting. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the campaign manager and marketing teams, creates data sets needed, performs data segmentation, and ensures the necessary data hygiene is in place to properly market to the Installer Channel customer base
- Gathering campaign objectives and requirements from Marketing Brand Manager and key stakeholders for campaign execution
- Assisting in building the Marketing Cloud emails and journeys
- Adhering to the data model to ensure database health and hygiene. Considers reporting implications of the data design
- Ensuring the execution of the Installer Channel Marketing Cloud marketing campaigns
- Creating campaign reports to track campaigns and report on KPI’s for the NA business
- Managing post-deployment customer engagement and campaign KPI summaries and data analysis with actionable insights to Marketing and Sales Leadership, with ties to revenue / volume / margin
- Creating and managing project tracker for campaigns
- Assisting in data clean-up and data maintenance for Salesforce data
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You'll Need
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- Minimum cumulative current grade point average of 3.0 (current could be last semester GPA)
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience, including part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or other internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in digital marketing through academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Highly motivated individual who is energized and has a willingness to learn
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and organizational skills - written and verbal
- Ability to communicate issues and recommend solutions in a timely manner
- Desire to learn and grow professionally. Specifically willing to learn in these areas:
- Strong interest in marketing automation, B2B email, digital, messaging, marketing campaigns, and customer experience
- Strong interest in Salesforce
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.