DevOps Architect - REMOTE
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a DevOps Architect - REMOTE. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Our worldwide Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we are open to this role being a full-time remote position.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The DevOps Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports EA activities that guide the automation and management of solutions. Solutions include products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services. They have a deep understanding of business goals, objective and business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes. The automation architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the automation of deployments and cloud infrastructure maintenance to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural and security governance and standards. They create deliverables for managing the organization's cloud architecture via service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all infrastructure maintenance as immutable infrastructure-as-code. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Creating architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution deployment and cloud infrastructure maintenance across environments. Manages and develops the architecture for a broader scope of products and environments, working closely with enterprise and solution architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or product or initiative. Works alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies. Diagnoses and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software. Develops scalable test frameworks, analyzes complex system architecture, and recommends solutions for improving system testability. Architects the DevSecOps tools and services (a code repository, an artifact repository, source code analyzer, security scanning, testing tools and an orchestrated integration and delivery platform) to enable automated application building, testing, securing and deployment.
- Implementing automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code. Architects testable, maintainable Infrastructure as Code (IAC). Executes on driving certificate and secret management automation into teams across the enterprise, this includes automating identity, rotation of said secrets and making application engineers daily grind easier.
- Deploying and maintaining the CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments. Builds pipelines, builds and destroys infrastructure, supports product teams and troubleshoots issues with our multi-cloud secrets management platform. Automates application deployment into cloud environments using Helm, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Acting as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings to drive targeted business and technological outcomes. Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models. Analyzes the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determines their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Facilitating the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations. Supports product managers in EOL (end of life) product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire products, services or systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information). Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture). Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of three years' technical leadership experience
- Two years working with Cloud Provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Two years administering a Kubernetes cluster
Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
- Skilled in:
- CI/CD tool (Jenkins, TravisCI, Concourse, Github Actions, etc)
- Versatility and problem-solving expertise
- Broad knowledge of testing approaches (SAST, IAST, MAST, DAST, load, end-to-end, etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Logs, New Relic, etc)
- Experience with release management
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Github Actions
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.