Dealership Account Executive
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Account Executive II for Regional Dealership Accounts. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This individual will travel between Valvoline Regional Accounts throughout the Northeastern Region of the United States, with a focus on building relationships with existing customers, retaining accounts, and growing the business within dealerships. Experience selling into dealerships will put you ahead. This is a remote role, with a preference that this Account Executive reside in Pittsburgh, PA or Central Pennsylvania.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The purpose of this position is to grow the Valvoline business by developing, calling on, and servicing key accounts for the Valvoline family of products. This position will have extensive knowledge of each channel of trade and will help create and execute a selling platform, marketing programs, and account specific promotions that deliver strategic growth for the Valvoline Company. Relationship building with the key accounts is critical to the success of this role. This includes customer site visits, and various face-to-face interactions at domestic locations throughout the United States.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing and enriching relationships with regional installers in management, sales, operations, and customer service (regional accounts up to 6 rooftops)
- Transferring product and sales knowledge to motivate, train or coach personnel and/or installers to increase sales of the Valvoline portfolio of products using Virtual and In-store support / classroom training (including installation demos, customized playbook, and execution)
- Business reviews & scorecarding – analyst performance of each rooftop and identifying strategy for growth
- New account onboarding and ongoing management
- Assessing and diagnosing training needs and delivering appropriate training solutions for maximized Valvoline product growth
- Equipment maintenance and facilitating repairs or ordering parts
- Personal Development
What You’ll Need
- BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with DIFM automotive, dealerships or heavy duty market experience
- Strong track record of training and/or sales experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite primarily Teams, PowerPoint, Excel
- Working knowledge of business analytic tools (SNAP, BW, BI Tools, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge or Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM)
- Driving for Results
- Execution mindset
- Planning & Organization
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Business & operational acumen
- Problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Communication Skills
- Presentation skills
- Stage presence (In person & virtual)
- Interpersonal & political savvy
- Collaborative (Building Deep & Wide Relationships)
- Building influential partnerships
- Customer focus
- Ideal team player (humble, hungry, smart)
- Hands on expert: technical & professional knowledge & skills
- Coaching / leadership / mentorship
- Negotiation Skills
- Establishing customer value
- Ability to lift equipment and/or machinery up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in the elements of an automotive shop (heat, cold, noise, etc)
- Ability to travel up to 75% with some overnight travel required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.