Data Privacy Manager
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 week ago(1/10/2022 12:47 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. We are open to this position being 100% remote.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Data Privacy Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Data Privacy Manager builds and manages Valvoline's global privacy program, develops privacy policies for internal use and privacy statements for internal and external use, describes privacy requirements for business partners and service providers.. The Privacy Manager will facilitate regulatory compliance by coordinating Valvoline's privacy program. Knowing how to persuade and enable the business, while maintaining integrity, the Privacy Manager closely collaborates with business stakeholders to control risk from potential procedural or technology changes that affect privacy. The Privacy Manager conducts privacy risk assessments (focused on specific business processes or applications), identifies and suggests prioritization of privacy risk treatment for the organization and determines how to maintain and improve adherence to regulatory requirements and corporate policies. The Privacy Manager will craft privacy training and awareness programs and participate in the development of Valvoline’s personal data breach response plan. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing Valvoline’s data privacy program, suggesting and making improvements as global and state laws continue to evolve
- Monitoring and analyzing global privacy laws and working cross functionally with Legal and other stakeholders to design programs and policies to achieve compliance
- Work closely with Valvoline’s business units to identify areas which may be vulnerable to data privacy risk and work cross functionally to implement solutions.
- Supporting complex, strategic commercial transactions involving data protection terms, including reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor DPAs, with emphasis on CCPA, state laws, GDPR, and other applicable laws
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, law, finance, accounting, computer science or a related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of a legal or business degree with a technical or computer science degree
Minimum of five years' experience in corporate compliance, governance, or data privacy
Prior experience with analysis and resolution of GDPR and CCPA related issues
Excellent legal and business judgment with sound analytical skills
Ability to translate complex legal requirements into simple, streamlined compliance processes
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build effective relationships, listen effectively and collaborate with others
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and/or projects with shifting priority
The ideal candidate has obtained two or more of the following certifications:
One or more of:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
One or more of:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- An advanced degree in law (J.D.), business (M.B.A.), information science (MIS), information security or a related field
- Experience running or supporting a public company privacy program
Experience within a retail industry
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.