Corporate Development Analyst
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 3 days ago(1/14/2022 11:17 AM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Corporate Development Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati or Louisville). We're open to hybrid work schedule.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Corporate Development Analyst works closely with the VP Corporate Development, Valvoline executive leadership, and supply chain and resource staff throughout the global organization to evaluate acquisition opportunities for Valvoline. This specific position will split their time analyzing the acquisition of Retail Service Centers and other strategic initiatives for Valvoline In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Preparation of economic valuations, developing appropriate operating and financial assumptions, performing financial due diligence, and supporting the post-closing transition and integration
- Developing negotiating strategies and communicating proposals to prospective sellers
- Development of senior management presentations, including those given to the Valvoline Leadership Team and Valvoline Board of Directors
- Economic valuations of certain large capital projects for review and approval by senior management, strategic analysis of the investment, investigation of feasible alternatives, and sensitivity analyses on key assumptions
- Ad hoc analyses on a range of corporate finance issues such as Make-Buy decisions, joint venture analysis, licensing, and others
- Evaluation of under-performing or non-core businesses for restructuring or possible divestiture
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related field
- Minimum of four years experience in a large, industrial global company with emphasis on finance or related field
- Strong analytical skills; proven financial planning, analysis, modeling and valuation experience
- Ability to work with all levels of management and professionals
- Must be self-directed
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, flexible
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- CPA, CMA or CFA
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.