We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Construction Specialist (Facilities and Imaging). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
This role provides support to Valvoline Retail Services Facilities Project Management staff and Image Design staff. Responsibilities include executing purchase order requisitions and goods receipt process. Reconciles spend and provides required organizational reports. Prepares AFEs for capital needs. Ensures documentation is compliant with organizational requirements. Provides support to the Facilities Project Management staff and Image Design staff on assigned special projects. Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Executing purchase order and goods receipt process.
- Reconciliation of capital budgets, including acquisition remodel projects and major capital spending on the existing store portfolio.
- Providing required organizational reports.
- Preparing AFEs for capital needs.
- Capital appropriation and reconciliation of AFEs.
- Ensuring documentation is compliant with organizational requirements.
- Providing support to Facilities Project Management staff for assigned special projects and service platform rollouts.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Working with internal departments and 3rd party vendors to create speed and efficiency in processes, while balancing needs and risks for the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Minimum of three years of accounting or business administration related experience
- Excellent organizational, budget management, and communication skills are essential
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Comprehensive understanding of processes, tasks and documentation required for retail construction
- Experience with Excel and SAP
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.