Commercial Real Estate Analyst
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Commercial Real Estate Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Commercial Real Estate Analyst is the administrator and subject matter expert (SME) for Valvoline’s fee and leased property globally. Major responsibilities include initial setup, lease review/data extraction, input and tracking of all new/renewed properties (leased and fee), domestic and global, including tracking and management of all “critical dates” (renewal/termination/option/expiry/rent and CAM increases/changes CPI adjustments), processing and payment of all domestic lease and equipment rents and receivables, and reconciliation of additional expenses. This role will report to the Corporate Real Estate Manager. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Processing and payment of all lease rents/additional rents/payables/receivables/CAM charges and reconciliations of CAM/additional rent expenses.
- Vendor/customer set-up - Obtaining vendor documents from landlords (W9, ACH), creating Winshuttle requests for vendor numbers, inputting into CoStar, ensuring correct coding of expenses/payments and processing new landlord changes due to sales/refinancing. Tracking, managing, and “noticing” of all “critical dates” (renewal/termination/option/expiry/rent and CAM increases/changes CPI adjustments) to the required stakeholders. Preparing/generating/tailoring of CoStar reports to support rolling 36 month portfolio management, reminders, and other miscellaneous functions.
- Supporting the Property Administration Analyst II in the administration of all Valvoline leased and fee properties via its CoStar property platform system. Responsibilities include lease review and date extraction, initial property/file set-up in CoStar including input of all critical dates, date reminders, options/rights/clauses for all new/renewed properties, and equipment (leased/fee/JV) both domestic and global.
- Supporting the Property Administration Analyst II in the tracking, managing, and “noticing” of all “critical dates” (renewal/termination/option/expiry/rent and CAM increases/changes/yearly CPI adjustments) to the required stakeholders. Preparing/generating/tailoring CoStar reports supporting rolling 36-month portfolio management, reminders, and other miscellaneous functions.
- Liaising with cross-functional departments (tax, insurance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.) to provide and/or direct the search for pertinent information from all properties/assets.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Accounting
- Minimum of three years of experience with property administration systems, portfolio management and reporting, abstracting lease and fee data, rent processing, and reconciliations
- Knowledge of property management and accounting systems, basic real estate documentation (leases, purchase and sale agreements, non-disturbance agreements, tenant estoppels, etc.) to allow review and abstraction of important dates, obligations, and rights (i.e.: options to renew or terminate, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 37738