Collections Coordinator (REMOTE)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Fleet Collections Coordinator (REMOTE). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. We are open to candidates working in 100% remote capacity.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Fleet Collections Coordinator role monitors fleet accounts, contacts customer with past due balances to work with them to remit payment, investigates collections issues and processes customer payments.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Contacting US and Canadian customers with past due account, initiates appropriate collection action and maintains records according to established procedures in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables, and prompt conversion of receivables into cash with minimum past dues. Daily review of SAP collection workflow and aging reports to facilitate collection of all past due customer receivables within assigned portfolio of commercial customer accounts.
- Creating and providing monthly account receivable reports to sales representatives for assigned accounts. Ensuring quality, accuracy, and security of customer credit data. Participating in credit team projects and monthly meetings with sales.
- Reviewing customer accounts receivable, determines if needs to be placed on hold. Submit to Sr. Collection Specialist for review.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- High School or GED equivalent required; some college preferred
- Minimum one year of experience in A/R or collecting of past due accounts
- Experience working with customers on the phone.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize duties
- Ability to identify problems and work towards a solution.
- Detailed-oriented and ability to stay organized
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Capable of learning new systems (SAP, SAP FSCM, BW, D&B, SFDC)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.