CDL Class A Route Driver (local route)
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Truck Driver's primary responsibility is the safe delivery of both bulk and package product off of a combination of vehicles in the greater Chicago area. These include tractor trailer, box trucks and bulk trucks. Employees are expected to maintain a clean and safe work environment following all Valvoline set standards and regulations and keep current with their CDL requirements. This is a Monday - Friday position with some overtime required. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Delivering both bulk and package product to Valvoline customers in the greater Chicago area
- Keeping up with all required safety and compliance training, including keeping a current A class CDL with Bulk and Hazmat endorsements
- Properly placarding their truck and performing pre and post trip inspections on both the vehicle and any equipment, communicating any issues
- Keeping the truck, dock area and equipment clean and in good working order while maintaining a safe work environment
- Handling delivery related paperwork including; meter tickets, signed BOL's, packing slips, check requests and work orders
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of CDL driving experience, preferably with daily route experience in the greater Chicago area
- A Class CDL with Bulk Tanker and Hazmat Certifications
- Must be able to pass a pre-work physical examination that demonstrates the ability to stand or drive a truck for long periods of time, lift over 50 lbs multiple times a day, and pull a hose up and down steps
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.