Business Reporting Specialist
You know Valvoline, right? We’re a household name. We’re one of the most recognized and respected premium brands in the global automotive lubricant industry, we have a presence in more than 140 countries, and our customers have trusted us for 150 years. But at Valvoline, we’re never idle, so we still have work to do. We need good people to help us achieve our vision to build the world's leading engine- and automotive-maintenance business. That’s where you come in. Do you love collaborating with team members? Are you ready for a rewarding job that will help you grow your career? If so, join us.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Business Reporting Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Business Reporting Specialist is responsible for providing support for business reporting and data modeling to Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) used to measure the performance of corporate/franchise operations as well as reporting for areas like Inventory, Labor and Marketing. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Maintaining the Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) Data Warehouse and canned reporting that gives business critical information to the different business units, service centers and franchise partners within the organization.
- Capturing requirements for reporting requests and provide guidance on design with a focus on visualization and dashboards that gives actionable information to the user
- Performing User Acceptance or Regression testing on report/data changes to ensure requirements are met or system upgrade did not negatively impact the data. Create and execute test cases and provide sign-off
- Acting as the liaison with the Valvoline IT Business Intelligence Support team to provide guidance for any changes in reporting, communicate changes in business needs and how that impacts reporting or data models
- Collaborating with Communications, Training and Analytics teams on reporting or tool changes that would require their support. Must be able to provide reporting training to users as the need arises.
- Create adhoc reporting/analysis as requested and support Tier 2 on troubleshooting possible data issues
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with visualization/dashboarding utilizing Microsoft PowerBI or SAP Analytics Cloud
- Working knowledge of information management concepts, ERP systems, data warehouses, BI, analytics, and reporting technologies
- Self-motivated, independent thinker, possess effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.