Business Process and Data Optimization Specialist
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 1 month ago(12/6/2021 3:50 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Business Process and Data Optimization Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Business Process and Data Optimization Specialist is responsible for the planning, implementation, and execution of data/information based technical projects of larger sizes and complexities globally with a primary focus on the US Installer Channel business. This role will take ownership for meeting project objectives to include scope, time, quality, and budget targets including collecting, integrating, and processing data from any available source to build actionable insights and enable good decision making. Responsibilities include client and data management, resource planning, requirements gathering, developing/maintaining project plans through all phases of project, visualization construction and deployment of final deliverables. The role will work in a team environment with other analytics and project management team members/business experts and is accountable for driving the projects to conclusion. Responsible for developing and implementing data use and process strategies, managing process resources, optimizing current processes, and maintaining/updating process/data fields and documentation. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Directing and managing data visualization and commercial data projects from beginning to end, guarding the project budget and time frames and institutionalizing tools like Enterprise Project Management and processes; defining and documenting project scope, goals, and deliverables that support operational goals in collaboration with management; implementing data modeling and integration of multiple sources of data into centralized data marts for consumption by the project team and other business units; managing the identification, resolution, and escalation of project risks, critical path, and issues
- Managing larger, more complex information-based projects with respect to use and speed; responsibilities include defining and analyzing requirements, sourcing software aligned with the overall data strategy, developing/maintaining project plans and documentation, managing project budget and expenses, managing quality through acceptance testing, and leading post project evaluation sessions
- Developing best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve the deployment and visualization of data as decision making information while institutionalizing tools to drive continuous improvement in business processes (marketing attribution, customer segmentation, pricing, etc) including cultivating insightful visualizations out of complicated analytics and providing actionable recommendations for the business teams
Providing analytical support for the development of optimal data solutions across the Global Products business and analytics team which would utilize common programs, processes, and systems
Cross-functional Collaboration (Discovery, Change Communication, Stakeholder Training)
Developing and sustaining a network of working relationships outside of immediate team members, including internal and external stakeholders
Applying (V)Lean principles to streamline and to eliminate wasted time, effort, and cost while improving efficiencies
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, IT or a technical/scientific field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in business analysis or related field
- SAP knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with a record of developing and evaluating complex data sets
Advanced user of Excel
Experience with data transformation and integration using SQL or other tools
Project management skills - ability to lead complex projects
Problem solving skills – ability to resolve difficult analytical data sets
Data integration skills including transforming and modeling
Knowledge of statistical techniques for data analysis
Comfort with ambiguity; flexibility in assignments, teams; openness to movement and change
Strong time management skills
Excellent technical abilities, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
Demonstrated high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Project Management certification
- Strong Valvoline business and process knowledge
- Practical experience using a data visualization tool such as Power BI or SAP Analytics Cloud
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.