Business Analytics & Data Visualization Lead
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. We are open to candidates working in 100% remote capacity.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Business Analytics and Data Visualization Lead - Valvoline Global Products. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Business Analytics and Data Visualization Lead is responsible for leading planning, insight development, implementation, and execution of data/information focused on the Product Strategy & Management team. This role will take ownership of collecting, integrating, and processing data from any available source to build actionable insights and enable good decision-making. Responsibilities include forecasting raw material costs for LE (Latest Estimate) and annual plan, utilizing data to build key insights, developing group KPIs, and building data visualization tools. Additionally, this role will work in a team environment with the supply chain, procurement, finance, PS&M and Channel marketing teams to derive insights from data. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Forecasting financial impact to LE and annual plan based on raw material price adjustments/announcements.
- Analyzing market, customer, and product trends to provide meaningful insights to Product Strategy team. These insights will fuel the Innovation Master Plans for all segments for the next 5 years. Staying close to evolving consumer and the product category trends enables PS&M to stay ahead of competition as the category evolves over time.
- Developing best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve the deployment and visualization of data as decision making information while institutionalizing tools to drive continuous improvement in business processes including cultivating insightful visualizations out of complicated analytics and providing actionable recommendations
- Providing analytical support for the development of optimal data solutions across the Product Strategy & Management team, which would utilize common programs, processes, and systems
- Streamlining and eliminating wasted time, effort, and cost while improving efficiencies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, IT, or a technical field
- Minimum of 10 years experience in business analysis or related field
- Strong analytical skills with a record of developing and evaluating complex data sets.
- Advanced user of Excel, MS Access
- Advanced experience using and building dashboards in a data visualization tool such as Power BI, Tableau, or SAP Analytics Cloud
- Experience with statistics tools such as Minitab, JMP, or others
- Experience with data transformation and integration using SQL or other tools
- Data integration skills include transforming and modeling data for analysis
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques for data analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort and understanding of SQL and R are not required but desired
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP BI tools
- Strong Microsoft Suite abilities, including, but not limited to, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to provide influential leadership to reach business decisions
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be customer focused, seek continuous improvement and be highly self-directed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on the position.
Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.