Brand Marketing Manager
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Brand Marketing Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite candidates living in nearby markets to apply as well. Ideally, we are open to remote candidates living within driving distance (i.e., Cincinnati, Louisville, etc.) willing to visit HQs 2-3 days a week. *This position also offers a relocation package for candidates open to relocating.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Brand Marketing Manager, for Installer Channel Solutions, will lead and accelerate the growth and development of new business solutions that address the business needs of automotive installers including dealerships, tire stores, automotive service centers, and heavy-duty fleets. In addition to leading a team of brand managers and marketing specialists, the Manager, Brand Marketing will be focused on identifying business pain points for B2B customers and creating non-product-based solutions that overcome those needs. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Developing New Business Services and Solutions
- Define business strategy for services and solutions that adds value for our customers and builds upon our customer acquisition and retention
- Follow traditional brainstorming processes utilizing research and collaboration to develop new service concepts
- Manage prioritization of concepts through formal marketing planning process
- Align with field team to ensure alignment and prioritization of key initiatives
- Collaborate with other cross-functional groups on successful and efficient execution of solutions
- Provide overall direction for the VPS brand as it relates to the dealership platform, as well as the remaining platforms
- Determine program structure and internal logistics through cross-functional partnerships, overcoming internal execution challenges as needed
- Oversee the testing, piloting, and launch of new concepts into the marketplace as warranted
- Set new solution benchmark goals, KPI's, and develop scorecards to track and report out on performance
- Leading Marketing Initiatives to Support Solution Advertising and Outreach
- Build cross-functional partnerships with Brand Equity, Sales Effectiveness, Customer Experience, New Ventures team and third-party agency teams to plan advertising campaigns supporting key services and solutions
- Supervision, guidance, coaching, and motivation of Solutions team
- Set a vision for success that both engages and motivates team to execute against
- Follow marketing activation plan processes to ensure proper annual planning process generates on-target deliverables
- Lead, train and coach team members as needed for growth and development (in-role and future career opportunities)
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, advertising or related area
- Minimum of seven years' professional experience, with at least five in a marketing environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across a multifunctional organization
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in a B2B marketing environment or in the automotive industry
- Experience designing, building and deploying marketing programs
- Experience leading teams
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.