Brand Manager - New Ventures
Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Brand Manager - New Ventures. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite candidates living in nearby markets to apply as well. Ideally, we are open to remote candidates living within driving distance (i.e., Cincinnati, Louisville, etc.) willing to visit HQs 2-3 days a week. *This position also offers a relocation package for candidates open to relocating.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Brand Manager - New Ventures, will lead and accelerate the development of pre-defined new business opportunities for Valvoline. This role will be responsible for helping Valvoline achieve in areas beyond our current product and service portfolio. The role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to lead projects in a capacity that has unclear responsibilities and boundaries, dependent upon the business to be developed. Candidate must have a collaborative approach, ability to lead cross-functional colleagues, and be willing to push the organization into new ways of operating. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Fully Commercializing New Ventures from Idea to In-Market Execution
- Follow traditional brainstorming processes utilizing research and collaboration to identify to new business opportunities
- Evaluate appropriate information to forecast the ROI of potential business opportunities; contribute to creation of financials models and pro forma P&L’s
- Communicate relevant project information to stakeholders, including holding regular status meetings with the project team, resolving, or escalating issues in a timely fashion, setting goals and communicating sensitive information tactfully
- Control the execution of multiple projects to ensure that commitments are met within established scope, budget, schedule, and timeline
- Schedule tasks, deadlines, and milestones for all stakeholders and resources and provide detailed milestones for all parties
- Manage prioritization of work through formal project planning process
- Manage resource needs within profitability profile of business or a set budget
- Serving as Project Leader and Partner to Marketing/Sales Community for Testing and Launch of New Ventures
- Use a range of methods to generate, test and prioritize potential concepts in an organized and efficient manner
- Partner with the sales community for execution and activation of our new venture tests, pilots, and launches
- Qualify prospective test participants using Salesforce, Excel, and other data sources for participation in programs
- Identify key learnings during testing and recommend enhancements for each program to optimize business
- Identify and communicate uncertainties and risks; implement mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Analyze data to evaluate, improve, and report the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance profitability and qualitative results
- Lead Marketing Initiatives to Support Testing or Launch of New Ventures as needed
- Create necessary sales materials and user point-of-sale materials as needed for testing and pilots of new ventures
- Build cross-functional partnerships with Brand Equity, Sales Effectiveness, Customer Experience, New Solutions, and third-party agency teams to build and execute advertising campaigns supporting the launch of new ventures
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, marketing, project management or related area
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience
- May substitute post-secondary or incremental education for years of experience
- An ideal team player with high levels of humility, hunger, and emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to identify new opportunities, design business models and implement them in the market
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to efficiently manage multiple, concurrent, time-sensitive projects and priorities
- Ability to critically analyze research and business results for internal reporting and to inform tactical development
- Strong understanding of business growth levers including revenue, volume, profitability, and return on investment calculations needed
- Advanced expertise in Excel and analytical projections and reporting
- Ability to create and inform effective selling materials including PowerPoint, sell sheets, emails, and other documents
- High levels of short-term and long-term project planning, with strong relationship building skills to ensure effective project execution
- Ability to document experiences, key learnings, and strategic recommendations while conducting new venture tests and experiments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for communication and presentation to internal and external customers
- Ability to act with internal and external confidentiality due to nature of new endeavors
- Willingness to engage with customers to support programs, assist with issue resolution, and generally promote the overall benefit of Valvoline to our customers and prospective business partners
- Situated primarily in an office environment with sit/stand abilities. Regional remote opportunity exists with at least 20% in-office required, with candidate responsible for transportation to/from Valvoline HQ
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience within startup enterprises, demonstrated success in new business development, expansion strategy, project management, and/or product launch
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.