Automation Engineer- Remote
- Job #
- # of Openings
- Job Post Information
- 5 months ago(8/25/2021 4:09 PM)
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Automation Engineer - Remote. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*Valvoline World Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we invite remote candidates to apply as well. Ideally, we would like candidates located in nearby markets (Cincinnati, Louisville, and Nashville), but we are open to other locations.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Automation Engineer collaborates with management, architects, the development teams, QA, release engineering, operations, support, and infrastructure teams to develop (in accordance with widely accepted best practices), maintain and ultimately own the Development, Security and Cloud operations (DevSecOps) processes and tools. Manages service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all this as immutable infrastructure-as-code. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Enterprise and Solution Architects to solution and implement a Valvoline cloud native environment using best practices. Working alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies. Diagnoses and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software. Develops scalable test frameworks, analyze complex system architecture, and recommend solutions for improving system testability. Integrate DevSecOps tools and services (a code repository, an artifact repository, source code analyzer, security scanning, testing tools and an orchestrated integration and delivery platform) to enable automated application building, testing, securing and deployment.
- Implementing automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code. Architect testable, maintainable Infrastructure as Code (IAC). Executes on driving certificate and secret management automation into teams across the enterprise, this includes automating identity, rotation of said secrets and making application engineers daily grind easier.
- Deploying and maintain the CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments. Builds pipelines, builds and destroy infrastructure, support product teams and troubleshoot issues with our multi-cloud secrets management platform. Automate application deployment into cloud environments using Helm, Docker and Kubernetes
- Iterates on best practices to increase the security and quality of our cloud environment. Improves and expands application security quality across our entire portfolio of applications.
What You’ll Need
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years technical leadership experience
- 2 years working with Cloud Provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 2 years administering a Kubernetes cluster
- Skills, in order of importance:
- CI/CD tool (one or more of the following: Jenkins, TravisCI, Concourse, Github Actions, etc)
- Versatility and problem-solving expertise
- Broad knowledge of testing approaches (SAST, IAST, MAST, DAST, load, end-to-end, etc)
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Logs, New Relic, etc)
- Experience with release management
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux
- Ability to travel - up to 5%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Github Actions
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.