Associate Marketing Manager - Consumer Acquisition
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Associate Marketing Manager - Consumer Acquisition. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Associate Marketing Manager will significantly impact the Consumer Engagement team, responsible for key marketing programs driving new consumer growth and profitability for our Valvoline Instant Oil Change stores. This role will be instrumental in accelerating sales activation, direct response marketing, and brand presence in support of newly built and acquired locations across the country. The Associate Marketing Manager will work closely with the consultative-minded team to analyze trends, summarize results, and be a conduit between teams responsible for ramping store performance, including store operations, real estate, M&A, finance, brand, and digital.
In addition, the Associate Marketing Manager will manage key agency relationships and coordinate campaign management: creative briefing, development, deployment, and reporting. This position reports to The Senior Marketing Manager of Consumer Acquisition and joins a team of passionate, consumer-centric professionals charting a course to deliver best-in-class marketing.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Develop customized marketing plans for future new store openings and acquisitions, including integrated marketing communications plans that span broad media, direct response, and local media.
- Strategically assess store performance and business drivers to make recommendations to optimize marketing plans and agency spending.
- Collaborate with key regional operations leaders to understand, uncover, and recommend marketing strategies and tactics to be implemented to ramp store performance.
- Turn insights into action by applying a data-driven approach to identify, develop, and prioritize new strategic initiatives that drive new consumers to all stores.
- Evaluate and track ongoing acquisition campaigns, summarizing and authoring campaign updates and recaps to merchandise, and communicate success and learning to key stakeholders, including the franchise community and senior leadership.
- Manage and optimize key consumer engagement marketing benchmarks and diagnostics promoting data transparency, including reporting automation and dashboarding.
- Support teammates with marketing new store openings, namely determining trade areas using market intelligence and partnering with the real estate team.
- Manage and administer consumer acquisition marketing budget.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, business, or similar
- Five years of marketing experience – new customer acquisition, retail, direct response, integrated marketing communications
- Sound systems thinker with the balance of strategic, creative, and analytical know-how
- Ability to hypothesize, refine, and communicate performance data concisely
- Graceful and dynamic presenter: natural storyteller with the ability to assemble supportive visuals
- Experience across a variety of platforms and vendor partners; including active management of third-party agencies
- Industry experience in B2C markets such as retail, hospitality, automotive, eCommerce
- Willing to travel (up to 25%) overnight when business requires visiting retail locations, vendors, and teammates.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Previous work in a client-facing or consulting role
- Five years of owning and crafting go-to-market marketing plans
- Experience accelerating new retail locations, i.e., grand openings
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.