Why Valvoline Global Products?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Original—the first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward. At Valvoline Global Products, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive. As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs – today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Administrative Assistant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the EHS Team. This role will support the EHS Vice President, the Lexington-based EHS team, as well as the EHS Regional and Product Regulatory teams around the world. This role will support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization, system administration and communication. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support for the team including calendar management, travel arrangements (including Visa process, when necessary), expense reporting, organizing and managing events and the annual EHS Global Meeting and/or off-site meetings, time management reporting, managing supplies, assisting with presentations.
- Serving as system administrator for GQMS (document management), VTrac (EHS data management, Avetta (contractor management) and Resource Advisor (sustainability) systems and assisting EHS team with related reports.
- Administering the DOT, return to work and monthly random drug testing programs along with the Alert Safe Driver training program.
- Generating reports; creating, tracking and processing contracts with outside providers; purchase requisitions; payments of invoices and/or other ad hoc requests.
- Handling in-office and remote tasks including filing; document shredding; opening/distributing mail and processing outgoing mail; managing/ordering office supplies; assisting with new hire set-up; and coordination of office repairs.
- Coordinating the compilation and distribution of a monthly EHS newsletter and metrics reports.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of ten years administrative experience
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint
- Basic experience with the SAP accounting system
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Requires discretion, confidentiality, and ability to meet deadlines
- Self driven, proactive and hungry to provide administrative support
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Associate's Degree in Business or related field
- Basic Operations/EHS orientation
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.